Is our resin TOXIC?

Unicone Art uncured resin isn’t toxic, it is hazardous and it may give you an allergic reaction but it is not toxic.

The un-cured resin can irritate your skin and with repeated use, can sensitize your skin, which in some people, can give allergic dermatitis. Limited skin contact is recommended.  Wear gloves!

When adding colorants or inclusions you will change the chemical makeup of the resin -we can’t determine the toxicity of your resin when other substances are added to it.

If adding heat to our resin in the form of a heat gun or torch - fumes may be released. When the resin cures, it naturally gives off heat. If that chemical reaction is sped up, fumes may occur.

As soon as the resin hardens, it has stopped heating up.

   - Do not put your resin piece in the oven or microwave

   - Do not put it in the dishwasher

   - Do not use with hot food
This may heat your resin up and cause it to soften again.

In the above cases a respirator is recommended. It is also recommended to use our resin in a well-ventilated room. We advise you to use your own judgement and always err on the side of caution.

Purely cured Unicone Art resin - becomes an inert plastic and will not leach any harmful substances.

  -  you can drink from resin cups

  -  you can wear resin jewelry

  -  you can use it as a tray, food platter or coaster 

Safe testing results based on RESINOUS AND POLYMERIC COATINGS – FDA 21 CFR 175.300

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published