Silicone Mold of Choice
To calculate your BASE powder amount, simply multiply the volume of your liquid by 3.
It is essential to use accurate scales and follow instructions, to ensure the strength and cure time of SETINSTONE®
Studio conditions should be warm, dry, and out of direct sunlight.
**Humidity may affect performance and cure time.
The standard mix ratio is 1 part water by 3 parts SETINSTONE® powder by WEIGHT.
Add powder to water slowly.
Avoid dust inhalation.
Mix completely until mixture is smooth and free of clumps.
Adding pigments will create beautiful, colorful, one of a kind pieces.
Use our water based pigments found here.
Dish of water
Wet sponge or microfiber cloth to clean off excess Setinstone build-up while sanding.
Wait approximately 90 minutes or until 100% cold to the touch.
**Thicker pices may need more time.
Demold and place piece on a drying rack to allow air circulation.
Let cure for least 24 hours before sealing
Use a smooth grit sandpaper and sand gently.
Wet sanding is recomended.
Sand in circular motion.
Seal with our gloss sealer.
- SETINSTONE powder is a one part casting medium - you just add water.
The strengthening polymer is a dry ingredient that’s already incorporated into our formula.
- Longer work time means more time to add color
- You can leave your project in the mold overnight without worries of water marks
* Pro Tip - Leaving the cast longer will make sure the cure strengthens before de-molding intricate or deep molds. Wait until completely dry to the touch before de-molding.
- Always waiting until your project is completely cured before sanding will assure a smooth finish.